Thursday 5 December 2013

Kim Kardashian, Summertime Sadness and Cooking Sherry

For the last few days I have been suffering from a little dose of Summertime Sadness. I think in the teaching world it is called "end of school year mental exhaustion", but I think Summertime Sadness sounds better.


                                                      Thank you Lana for the inspiration

So anyway last night I did what anyone would do when the Summertime Sadness hits- I went to the pantry, took a big swig out of the cooking sherry bottle, ran myself a bath, chucked in a whole box of epsom salts and watch Kim Kardashian make up tutorials.



There are masses of KK makeup tutorials on Youtube, because her make up is pretty awesome in a " there is no way you could get away with that much makeup on in real life" kind of way. She always looks immaculate although her fashion choice is a tiny bit questionable since she hooked up with Kayne. ( I swear was pronounced Kane when he was a middle class, and he changed it to Kayne for his ghetto name). I am not even touching on her pregnancy because pregnancy was not kind to me either- I'm talking 20kgs with each baby. TO THE FRIGGIN KILO!! So I hear you sister on that one.


                 So this is Kimmy without. She is still very attractive,but she has dark under eyes.


 This is Kims " natural " look. (Ahhh that hair, I know there are head full of extensions in that hair, but I don't care)


                           This is Kim's night time look. You have to admit, she looks pretty amazing.

So how does Kim achieve this? Well the answer would be Contouring. And lots of makeup. Contouring is what you do when you use both highlights and dark lights (not sure if that is a word but you get what I mean). You use you highlight on bits you want to emphasise and you put dark on the bits you want to fade away. This is done in the "prepping stage", after your primer, before your foundation. Believe me if you are going to do a Kim look you will 

  1. Need lots of Primer
  2. Need LOTS of Primer.
So after you Prime, grab your concealers and colour in your face so you look like this


So after I finished my bath, and managed not to drop my iPad in the water, I decided to have a go. I also had a go at perfecting the Kim smokey eye and nude lip.

Luckily I have a bountiful supply of make up to help me. It took me a long time, and by the end I had on a LOT of make up, but I did find it surprising that the conturing did blend in with the foundation. By the end I didn't look like Kim. I looked different and to be honest old. I think once you hit any number over 40 less is more.
My version of the KK.

So after I applied it all, I had another swig of the cooking sherry (well alright I may have been drinking it as I was "working") and used a whole packet of makeup wipes to remove the makeup. I am also still picking out black eyeliner out of my eyes.

So the moral of the story is don't hate her because she is rich. She needs the money to buy all that make up.



No comments:

Post a Comment