Wednesday 11 December 2013

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

Ahhh Christmas. That special time of year when you spend your money buying things for people that they don't really want and in return you receive something you don't like. 


Yay- The best of Delta Good.... whoops sorry fell asleep from boredom just saying her name.

Oh ok it's not that bad, but I need to go on record as saying I don't like Christmas. I like lots of things about Christmas, like Christmas pudding. And Champagne.  And Christmas pudding. And Champagne. 

Yummy.


Yummier

I think it because I find it crazy stressful... Deciding what to wear.  You see thought has to go into your Christmas day outfit. You can't just rock up in your everyday wear. You need a special outfit. You hear that husband. "YOU NEED A SPECIAL OUTFIT". Lucky I have mine already. It looks like this.

I like it so much I have worn it already. Twice. Although if something else takes my fancy ...

Now I have bee very strategic in my choice of outfit- Maxi dress equals the ability to eat lots of turkey and Christmas Pudding ( don't give me any of that - " we are doing cold food this year nonsense ") without becoming uncomfortable. 

Christmas day also (if you read womens magazines ) screams "white". Well one year I went the White maxi dress. It was a beautiful dress- it still is- but it was a Christmas day disaster. This is for many reasons one of which is that I am the messiest person in the world, and second of which I get messier when I have had too many Christmas Champagnes. 

                                                      Messy but not this messy

It was also see through ( if you know me well there is a pattern to me wearing see through clothes. Especially to work and then not finding out until I have done yard duty. In the main quad) Any way I wore this stupid tight slip thing that unlike my maxi dress was a mini that actually wanted to be a top. I know this because it kept riding up to my waist.

                         
              Lady Gaga does attention seeking. Sorry White. Put some shoes on woman!


So how to decide what to wear on Christmas Day? Well I think it all depends on your role on the day. I have narrowed it down to a few categories.

1. The Organiser. This role is usually taken by the mother in the family- or the person who likes Christmas the most. In my family this is my mum. She might say she doesn't like it but she has the best Christmas tree, the cutest little shortbreads, the amazing pudding with the even more amazing brandy sauce, and really really good Champagne. Once she gets over her stress and yells at my dad a bit to " Check the turkey in the weber". She does a mighty fine spread.

2. The Helpers. In my family this role is played by my brother and his wife. Now they are not always around at Christmas because they live in Sydney but they are awesome helpers. They are also good at doing the dishes. The helpers do just that- help because they are not lazy like me.

3. The third and final category is the Princess. This might surprise you but I play this role in our family. This is only because I understand that only so many people can fit into the kitchen, so it is best that I just eat the prawns and drink the bubbles. I always have the intent on helping with the dishes but lets be honest, by that stage I have had far too much to drink and need a little siesta on the couch. I also think that it is my job to be witty and keep everyone entertained. I wonder if anyone else realises this is my job?

So once you understand your role you can organise your outfits.

If you are a 1 you need something practical, cool and not white, if you are a helper you can be in-between because you won't get really dirty or hot, but you need to be a tad practical, and if you are the Princess you can wear whatever the bloody hell you want to. Because you are the Princess.

I have made some examples

I call this "A Colourful Christmas. The geometric dress is for Claire. 


I like shorts and wear them lots. To dress them up wear a really nice camisole top or a sparkly t-shirt. If you go plain add a statement neck piece or bangle. I put the birkies in because they ARE FASHIONABLE BY GOD!!!



Spanx. Essential under any outfit. Word.

White. Or shades of. Nothing looks fresher on Christmas day, or gets dirtier so remember- makeup wipes will remove spills and white wine on the red wine stains.

If you have one of the crazy witty families that does funny jumpers- I picked you a selection.

So there you have it- my guide to Christmas outfits. Now please remember when you are shopping that people aren't going to like what you buy them (no matter how much thought you put into it) so it's best to just spend more money on yourself and your outfit. Because a bad gift will be forgotten- but a bad outfit???? NEVER.

Speaking of bad outfits- here's Wham with Last Christmas. What ever did happen to Andrew Ridgely?



No comments:

Post a Comment