Wednesday 18 December 2013

What to buy for the Teacher who has everything

Teacher presents is an interesting thing. I am a High School teacher. We do not get presents. Although I did get a " Hey Miss, Have a good one" this afternoon. I took this to mean " Thanks for teaching me this year Miss, I have really enjoyed coming to your classes and you are really funny" oh and " I learnt heaps."( I always forget that last bit )
This is a gift I received from a student. AS IF!!!

One year one of my kids teachers approached one of the parents and told her that she really wanted a leather wallet so could she tell the parents to give money so we bought her the wallet she wanted rather than all the crappy little presents. I. Shit.You. Not!!! Needles to say she got a box of Ferrero Rochers from me ( resifted).

Leather wallet ??? Oh sorry I though you said yucky chocolates.

So in an ideal world Indi's teachers this year would be getting home made gifts made with love that I have been planning for ever. Only half of this statement is true, I HAD been planning the gifts for ages, and I  WAS going to make something (well half make I was going to place the ingredients for my brownies (which are actually my friend Anne's secret recipe) in a cute bowl with the instructions.

This was along the lines of the fantasy gift in which I am the perfect wife and mother who bakes and makes craft.

 Unfortunately I am lazy and their presents were purchased this afternoon at the shops. But of course bought with love. This years gift is a mug with chocolates and a cute silver star christmas decoration. ( Mug from House, star from Witchery and Chocolates from Coles). Notice how I coordinated the red and green choccies on the top.

Please ignore my hair, I have been lying down.

As a general rule, most teachers, with the exception of leather wallet lady, like anything, but I have never met a teacher who doesn't like stationary, chocolate or alcohol. I like the mug option because teacher drink lots of coffee and your mugs always get stolen from the staff room. (seriously someone used my One Direction mug). The best present though is always a heartfelt thank you and appreciation of the hard work (and crap) the teachers have put up with throughout the year.

And for the teacher who was crap this year? You just do the " Oh my God I am so sorry we were in such a rush this morning I completely forgot your present" or try the old trick of placing a card on the desk with all the other gifts and write in it " Thank you for all your hard work this year. I hope you enjoy the gift." Genius.

For next year if you feel the need to be crafty or creative- Pintrest teacher presents. A whole world of gifts awaits.



2 comments:

  1. Even I don't make my brownies! ;)

    I have a new favourite gift to give - Envirosax bags. Lots of places in the ACT have to charge for plastic bags now, so one or two of these in your handbag make for a great gift. They look great, hold lots of stuff and up to 20kg in weight. Plus, if you sign up on the website you get notification of sales. I stocked up and bought 5 or 6 sets on sale last year and have since given sets or even split them up. This year the teachers each got a tin of Quality Street chocolates, two Envirosax and a set of awesome handmade magnets (if I do say so myself). Full of win.

    http://www.envirosax.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still love your brownies. I make them all the time!

    ReplyDelete