Monday 23 December 2013

A short story about shorts

 I went into the city today and didn't buy myself a thing (well I bought I nail polish but that doesn't count- it is a mix between electric pink and orange and it's by Essie of course). Priceline has two for $20 at the moment, considering they are $16 each normally this is a super bargain.



If I had bought myself something though it would have been a pair of shorts (why are they called pairs? You only get one?) I love shorts for summer, I think because you can dress them up or down, and chuck on a lightweight jumper or long sleeved tshirt if it gets cold. 

Denim always works well and pretty much with everything,

Denim and white is a classic

but you can't go past a nice pair of black shorts either. A big trend for summer is brights and patterns, so basically anything goes.

The big trick with shorts is knowing the right length.If you are thinking for work, they shouldn't be too short, but I don't think long works well either

I think this is the perfect longer length

Personally I don't think this length works for anyone

In the words of my friend Claire " You shorts should be two cms longer than your cellulite." I couldn't have said it better myself.

                           Maybe just a tiny bit too short

Here is a little bit of a selection of shorts in some pretty amazing shades and patterns. I think shorts look amazing with flats, or thongs, but you can do heels, but maybe a wedge.

So back to my shopping day today- I didn't buy any clothes, but if I was to do a fantasy Witchery shop this would have been my purchase (s)
 A basic tank, but white or black. I would only go this colour if I bought black shorts
 I would just go a statement cuff, because I want a simple outfit and nothing says summer like silver, or white wine.
                  A super cute pair of bang on trend sunnies
 A slash of orange on my lips and glossy because we are staying casual
These shorts, which I actually do have, but I had my eye on an awesome fluro yellow pair.
         A delightful jewelled thong in silver to match my cuff

All these are available from Witchery,click here to go to their website

No comments:

Post a Comment