Friday 6 December 2013

Does size matter?

Don't be dirty, I'm talking about clothes size. I don't know about you but I have clothes from size 8 to 14, a XS to a XL. This doesn't mean though that I take it well when I need to go up a size, but I do tend to know what size I need at what shop. Witchery I am a S or M (or is that a 10 or a 12) ,Zara I am a S or M in the top, and a L or XL for the bottoms. 

I think how is is funny when you go to buy a pair of shoes your size might be a bit tight so you just get the next size up. But buying a pair of jeans and your size is a bit tight- you aint eating for a week! (In theory- lets face it you are more than likely to eat your sorrows away).

So does the size matter? In all honesty no. Sizes are not standard. They vary from brand to brand and from style to style. You just need to get the size that fits, because if you buy a size 10 because you are size 10 and by God you will squeeze into that 10 could end in the worst kind of disaster. A fashion disaster.

                                       She maybe could have gone up a size. Just saying.


White pants can be tricky at the best of times, but in this case it is both the style and size that is wrong.

By the same token just because you might be a 10, don't buy the 10 if it too big.  Although thats not as  traumatic.


Or you will end up like Justin Bieber and your pants will fall down and you will look stupid.

Sooo while I understand that your clothes are the best way to keep track of your size ( a bad encounter with the scales can have me depressed for a week), don't be defined by the label on the back of your clothes. Buy the size that you need, and keep track of your weight by having a pair of jeans that fit.  Don't make your measuring pants anything with elastic or leggings. They stretch. I learnt that the hard way this winter.



I think it is best summed up by what one of my friends said to me " Just buy the next size up. No can see what number is on the label."

No if you will excuse me I am going to put on my size L shorts and my size S singlet (from the same shop). 

No comments:

Post a Comment