Thursday 12 June 2014

Help me, I am an Extreme Couponer

Now I am aware that in Australia we don't have coupons like they do in America, but if we did I think I would be extreme. I am the Australian equivalent which is an extreme loyalty carder. Enough so my daughter laughs at me when we go shopping.Now I know that every few months when there is no news, a current affairs show will do a segment on how loyalty cards have no benefit and are a scam, but personally I love them. And let me tell you why...

This week has been an awesome week of cashing in my loyalty cards. Monday was an awesome day for two reasons- one was because it was my Birthday and secondly my son has hurt his ankle (that's not the awesome ) and I had to be mum and drive him to his exams. This meant I had three hours to kill, so I did what anybody in that position would do - I went shopping. The reason for my shopping was because I was going to use my shoppers rewards. This is what happened 

Stop One was Mecca Cosmetica, which by now you should be aware is my most favourite shop (well one of). Because it was my birthday and I am a beauty loop member I got a free gift,
My birthday pressie from Mecca. Retails at $42.Yep- $42 for nothing!


 a complimentary make up application and a trial nail polish. I also had a birthday voucher from my sister in law so I bought a Nars Satin Lip Pencil
These are awesome! Long lasting and a nice glossy finish
                                                                          The lip balm

Stop 2 was Myer. I had a two reward vouchers from my Myer One card. This one baffles me because I always get a reward card, but I don't really shop at Myer. I purchased Benefits They're Real mascara. My friend Dawn recommended the product and I really like it. I also like how the name has an exclamation mark in it, and we all know how much I love a good exclamation mark.



Stop 3 was kikki.k. They gave me a $10 birthday voucher, so I bought my favourite pens which always get stolen by my daughter. I am on the packet number 3.

Stop 4 was witchery. They very kindly gave me a $20 birthday voucher. I also had $15 credit on my loyalty card so I bought two tops. YAY!!

When I was finished my shopping and on the way home, I had a call from my mum. She had cashed in some Flybuy points and ordered me a cutlery set. (where do all the spoons and forks go?) I cash in my flybuy points and get a magazine subscription to Vogue, Instyle, GQ and Wheels magazines.

Then to top of the week of loyalty cards I used the points from my Woolworths Everyday Rewards card and booked a return flight to Sydney. Which is super exciting apart from the fact that there is a marathon to run in there.

Also worthy of a mention is that last week I went to Priceline, used my vouchers, got money off a nail polish(essie of course)
It is called cute as a button, and it is
         and L'oreal Blur (great product), I got $10 off  that.



 and they gave me this....



            FOR NOTHING!!!! Well apart from may the hundreds of dollars I spend there every year.

So I think the moral of the story is join the loyalty programs!!! I think the key is to make sure that you just shop normally. If you get free stuff that's a benefit.

Now if only Louis Vuitton would have a loyalty club, because I need a new purse to keep my loyalty cards in...


                   I aspire to be this good at couponing

No comments:

Post a Comment