Monday 2 June 2014

Yay! We are doing a Marathon and it is going to hurt.




This is going to probably be most of your worst nightmares. I am going to take you all on my Sydney Marathon journey. I know this because if you believe Pinterest people hate nothing more than someone telling you all about their training runs, and exercise and blah, blah, blah.



So I'm telling you now- I will not be upset if you don't read these blogs. I am doing this for purely selfish reasons. I have seem to lost my motivation. Let me set the scene.....

I think I have talked about my passion for running before. Well maybe passion is the wrong word. I am passionate for the end of a run. Beginning and middle of a run- not so much. At the beginning of last year I set my self a challenge of completing all the "fun(ish) runs in Perth. This resulted in me doing amongst other things two half marathons, two marathons and culminating in a stupid 100km (that I still feel I was tricked into). By the end of the year I had managed to be exhausted, and had put on 5kgs. Yes I am that person who puts on weight when they train for a marathon.




I started off this year full of high hopes, and I would do some running, but I just wasn't enjoying it. I did the first fun run (badly) and a boozy dinner the night before the next one and then forget maybe on purpose to set my alarm so slept through the second one. I was due to do the Perth Marathon but when my brother (my sometimes running partner) decided not to do it, I decided not to do it at all. I have to support my brother after all.



So last week I decided enough. I entered the Sydney Marathon have booked my flights. I downloaded my Marathon training plan (myasics.com) and I am ready to go. Well I haven't literally booked my flights yet because I may have accidentally bought a case of Mumm Champagne with my credit card. ( I seem to be doing a lot of this accidentally on purpose stuff lately). But I will do it next pay day, and I have checked out the flights.

Damn you Dan Murphy's for having it at such a good price to not buy a case would be a crime.


So come along with me on my journey to Sydney. You can then say you have done a Marathon. I will talk you through the pain, the cold mornings, the pain, the rain, the pain and the pain. Oh and hopefully the elation when we cross that finish line together. I'm getting the t-shirt though.

 Week 1-

I have three 8 km runs this week and a 10km run on Saturday. One 8km is slow, two are "fast" and the 10km is slow(which is lucky because I have a boozy birthday lunch planned on Saturday so tired legs would not be good). I have already done 8kms today, so off to a good start. I also saw three dolphins and a jet ski getting pulled over by the water police during my run.

For the record our Marathon is on Sunday 21st September. 

This is our all time favourite running song. " I'm bulletproof , nothing to lose" (except maybe some toenails).

images Via Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment