Friday 13 June 2014

I'm off to dancing lessons.

Yes you read that correctly. For the next few weeks I will be going to dance lessons on a Friday night. There are several reasons why this is hilarious. The main reason is that I have no hand eye coordination at all. I can't even do the Time Warp. Or the macarana.

This is what I look like doing the Macarena 


So I before I hit the dance floor I thought I would share with you my biggest issue of the week. It is bloody cold. Yep my overseas readers I live in Western Australia and it is COLD. The reason this is such a problem is because I hate the cold.

I made a deal with my husband last year that I would never complain about the heat, as long as that meant I could complain about the cold. Now the irony is not lost on me that I am choosing to spend half of my holidays in the Snow, but I think that is a little different.

I have always hated the cold. I am not one of those people that say " Ohhh I'm so glad it is getting cold." Nope there is nothing good about the cold at all. Here are some of my reasons. (in list form of course)

1.  It is really cold first thing in the morning. I go running in the mornings. It is really hard to dress for running. You start off with a jumper, beanie and gloves. Then you lose the jumper, then the beanie then the gloves (your stuff the beanie and gloves in the jumper which is tied around your waist). That is a lot of stuff to carry around. You also drop your torch because your hands are slippery, and it makes changing the song on your iPod very difficult. As an aside, once my car got broken into and they stole my gloves, which made me think this morning that it must be really hard to break into a house and steal things with gloves on because everything is really slippery.

2. Beanies don't look cute on anyone over 25. Once you hit over 25 your face starts to drop so beanies are not flattering. I have been growing my hair so I had some hair sticking out under my beanie when I go skiing to look super cute. (Yes I am that shallow). It hasn't worked. I still look old. My running beanie is very clever and has a hole in the back for your pony tail.

She looks super cute in a beanie because she is under 25.


3. My nose runs all the time. It gets really cold and then snot just drips out. All day.

4.It is really hard to get into the shower. 

5. It is even harder to get out of the shower.

6. When you get into the shower  because you are so cold, the hot water really hurts. 

7. You have to wear tights. I hate wearing tights. They fall down, the crutch hangs down, and they get holes in them. When I was at school we had to wear poo brown tights. I think this is wear my dislike of tights come from.

8. You have to wear sooooo many clothes. Today I am wearing a singlet, a long sleeve top, a dress, my fleecy lined tights (yes there is such a thing), my boots, a coat and a scarf (and underwear of course). Thats a lot of clothes to put away at the end of the day. Generally I just chuck everything in the washing basket. I am banned from doing the washing because I accidentally put a toilet roll in with the washing. Do you know how hard wet cardboard it to get off clothes? Well let me tell you, it is really hard, and that is the reason I am banned from doing the washing.

9. Your lips get dry so you put on lip balm and then they get even drier. Which is really weird. 

10. Your skin gets really dry so you have to put on lots of moisturiser so your legs don't look like alligator skin, but because it is so cold when you get out of the shower you are freezing.

11. You sometimes forget to take off your ugg boots when you leave the house. That can be embarrassing. Unless you are a bogan. Or Pamela Anderson. Or maybe that is the same thing.

Pamela Anderson. In ugh boots.


And that is why I hate the cold. I also hate the rain. Of course the cold and the rain is only ok if you are having a home day, can wear your tracky, don't have to do any exercise and have a great big bowl of warm winter food cooked in the slow cooker. Finished with iced doughnuts .

Doughnuts are the only thing that would make me say " I  DOUGHNUT care if it is cold." Haha get it DOUGH NUT -DO NOT. Why are doughnuts called dough nuts anyway? There are no nuts.


all images via Pinterest


No comments:

Post a Comment