Wednesday 10 September 2014

Fashion- we need to talk.

OH MY GOD! What the bloody hell is going on? I like to think of myself as an up with it, fashionable kind of chick. I buy fashion mags (I may even be one of the only ones left who does), I surf the net googling buzz words like "fashion" and "trends". I go to Pinterest when I can't think of what to wear to work. But this season you have me stumped. Baffled. Confused.  I CAN'T WORK OUT WHAT IS FASHIONABLE.

It all started on Friday night when I texted my "all things fashion" partner in crime Claire and told her that I was going to wear a trend a day. Which in theory sounded easy. Until I started looking at what I had to wear.

1. Florals. Mixed florals. You call it mixed florals, I call it wearing your pyjamas.



                          

                   Both these outfits are from Sportsgirl

2. Crop tops. Are you freakin serious? Who can wear a crop top? Well anyone as long as you are either 12 or have never had children.

                                       Sportsgirl

                                        Witchery
And anyway- when you are wearing a crop top - where do you hide your roll of fat (or stomach as it is sometimes called)

3. Double denim. You call it double denim. I call it the Canadian tuxedo.

There are some images that you can never get out of your head. For me, double denim can only mean on thing-


 Britney and Justin. I reckon Justin just DIES when he see these snaps. He defies the saying that you can take the boy out of the trailer park, but you can't take the trailer park out of the boy. Well played Mr Timberlake.


4. Eyebrows. I am confused by eyebrows. I get the groomed look, I don't get the slug look.

                Even Angelina can't rock the slug eyebrow.

And the slug look always reminds me of this




5. This pointy nail thing.
 How do you do things with these nails? How would you put your contact lenses in? Or rub your eyes? You would be constantly puncturing your eyeballs, or stabbing yourself.

6. Logo, shopping centre chic. I do the groceries. I don't need to wear it.

Really? Imagine trying to push your trolley around in those shoes. Between the wonky wheel, they slippery floor and the front heavy trolley, you would have no chance.

You can also wear- stripes, dots, pastels,white, black, lace and oversized structured clothes. So pretty much anything you want then.

On another note here is my photo of the day.

                                        "Shelves" 
This is my book shelf with cookbooks and magazines and a how to be a better runner book. Sums up my life perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment