Wednesday 20 November 2013

Do women dress for men or other women

A friend from work who I shall call Kirstie (because that is her name) sent me a link today to an article saying that if you want to bag a man you need to dress like Kate Middleton. Mmmm apparently she is the type that men want to marry.
I'm joking. Sort of.

 The article went on to talk about what men don't like women to wear and what women don't want men to wear. It also raised the question "Do women dress to impress each other, or do we dress to "bag a man"?"

So lets start at the beginning. What do men hate women wearing?? I made a little composite 

According to the article men hate- cheap extensions, cheek piercings, too much makeup, g-strings on display, hooker heels, onesies, leopard animal print, ugg boots, big earrings, oversized sunnies, jumpsuits, tracksuits and crocs.

Now I think this article raises some very valid points, but I would have to argue with oversized sunnies - thank you Audrey Hepburn


I would also argue that there is always a place for a tracksuit. Although in the fashion world they are called "leisure suits". But not all leisure suits are made equal-
Yes

No


Yes. Jokes of course its a no.
So the list of what women hate a man wearing also raised some valid entries- low hanging jeans, baseball caps backwards, onesies, socks and sandals, fake tans, girly scarves, ugh boots, lycra, matching tracksuits and crocs. I don't think I can argue with anything on that list.

I don't really know what this is.

Some one over did the tan.

Gold- if only the cap was on backwards!!.
Four of the women men fancy are Kate Middleton, Jennifer Aniston, Kate Moss and Victoria Beckham, and four men the women fancy are George Clooney, Brad Pitt, David Beckham and Harry Styles. I am quite happy with the list although I am not too sure about Brad Pitt. He can look rough or really pretty.

Brad looking the pits.


So to answer the question- I think women dress for women or themselves. I would never let a man talk me out of wearing my trackie. 
 
And remember girls on your wedding day, a man apparently wants to see this walking down the aisle


                                                                        and not this





No comments:

Post a Comment