Thursday 21 November 2013

So I looked in the mirror and all I saw was...

OLD. OLD, OLD, OLD

Most mornings when I am getting ready for work I look in the mirror and see this.

Well, alright I wish 

                                                                 Actually I see this
Oh no wait- thats the inside.


Ok I actually just see me, but some mornings I look in the mirror and I see this staring back at me

But without the glasses. Or the hat. I don't do hats.

It's one of those unexplained things but I think some days you just look as old and as tired as you feel. I think the most important thing is to not panic and remember it is nothing some good makeup, a pretty frock and a few curls won't fix.

So here is what I did to fix the "olds"
A pink shimmer of eyeshadow


Second from the right is the colour I used today
  1. Make up- I added lots of luminizer to my foundation because it reflects the light away from imperfections and adds a pretty glow. I also decided to get out the pink eyeshadow (WHAT??) but the key is a soft shimmery pink with a soft brown contour and blended like there is no tomorrow. Followed by lots of mascara and a close line of Nars eyeliner. It has only been quite recent that I have started wearing pink eyeshadow because when I was 14 my mum told me that pink eyeshadow made my face look fat. It is only know some 28 years later I realise that my face looked fat because my face was fat.

  2. Curls- I got out the curling want and popped in a few random curls
  3. I picked out a pretty frock with flowers on it.
I don't think I looked any younger but I felt better.  Until.....

I was hit with a fashion emergency. You see I have never worn the dress before and it has a high split. I thought I had it covered but I had not taken into account the wind factor. So sure enough as I walked across the quad at school my dress blew in the wind exposing my bicycle compression pants I had on underneath ( that's the thinking I had it covered bit).
Lucky for me my friend Claire was close at hand. Let me just say every girl needs a friend who can sew. So with a needle, a bit of thread the fashion emergency was solved.
The fashion emergency being fixed. I know I look terribly busy but I was actually planning Kirstie Bridal High Tea. God I hope no one important from work reads this.

 The day ended up being rather nice, and at recess the girls and I all got together and had a nice chat about stupid things. In fact I think we looked a little like this








No comments:

Post a Comment