Friday 29 November 2013

The Older is the New Black best dressed list.

I was reading Vogue the other day, and they had an article about the Best Dressed People EVER. This is a very big call because forever means you have to pick someone from the 70's and 80's. Disco and the days of Big Hair, Big Shoulders and raw silk. I just got a flashback to my Year 12 Ball Dress.

I decided to do my best dressed. It was hard but an interesting experience, because it made me realise where my style came from. So in no particular order here it is. The Older is the New Black 20 best dressed.


Louise Brooks. 20's movie star. The hair, the lips, the dresses.  This look could easily be rocked today.



Gabrielle " Coco" Chanel. She invented the little black dress. The rest is history.


Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis. Singled handedly responsible for the oversized sunnies.


                            Marilyn Monroe. She was sexy no matter what she on (or didn't for that matter)




Grace Kelly- the all American movie star who became a Princess who married into a supposedly cursed family and came to an untimely end in a car crash. Hollywood couldn't come up with that sort of stuff


Princess Diana. The English girl next door who became a Princess who came to un untimely end in a car crash. Hollywood couldn't come up with this stuff.... oh hang on... And she managed to look amazing when fashion wasn't at it's best. 



Harry Styles- because if I was a boy this is how I would dress. I may rethink the random tattoos, because that needs to go on the "things I don't understand list"



Naomi Watt. I think she always looks amazing, and I think she is pretty. So there.


Lara Bingle. Haters go hate, I like the Bingle's style. She has that great Australian look, casual, beachy and cool. 



Audrey Hepburn. She is just amazing. Her style is so classic that anything she wore could be worn today.



George. He needs no words.


Gwyneth. I don't care what you say- I love her style. I once read that you can really tell a celebs style by their paparazzi shots, because this is when they have dressed themselves. I think she always look impeccable.


Charlize Theron. She rocks it, with hair or no hair she looks the bomb. And she has very nice bags.



Kate Moss. Rock chick,hippy, party girl.



Gwen Stefani, she deserves to on the list just for still having hair after all that bleaching.


The Beckhams.  Not here.

   
But here. She could do with a few more kilos and her could do with a few less tatts, but I think they always look great.



Nicole Kidman. It kills me to put her on my list, but she does look good, in an icy don't touch me kind of way.



Blake Lively. Apparently she is crazy boring in real life, but when you look and dress like her who needs a personality.



Justin Timberlake. Stylish, handsome and he can dance. Shame he is married to that beige of a woman.


and finally....

Olivia Palermo. I don't even know what she does, from all the pics I see on the net her job is just to walk her dog around New York and look pretty. There are worst jobs I guess.



So over to you. Who do you think is worthy of the list?





No comments:

Post a Comment