Friday 8 August 2014

A little blog from our Beauty Editor

Well ok- it's me, but as the self appointed beauty editor of my blog ( and fashion editor for that matter) I thought it might be time for a bit of beauty for your Friday.

I have actually made some major skin care purchases lately. Being a Gemini, I tend to get bored very quickly so I decided to mix things up ( and save some cash) and head on back to the old Clinique counter.

I worked for Clinique in the 90's and Clinique was the first brand of skin care that I ever used, so I always hold a bit of a soft spot for the range, purely because it does what it says it will at an affordable price. If price was not an issue I would be sticking with SKII because I honestly feel their products are genius, but way, way , way too expensive.


So off to Clinique I headed to try their new serum, which is called Clinique Smart Custom Repair Serum ( I remember when I was a Clinique girl, and the Estes Lauder girls used to say that Clinique products were named for dumb people because their names were so long and descriptive). Apparently you apply it and it works out what you need and where. ( I may be simplifying that a little). That is smart. I have trouble deciding what I need for dinner let alone what my skin wants.

The lady was delightful and told me that  "it was good that I am looking after my skin because I will have a head start for when I hit my 40's." Bless her. My husband then ruined the moment by saying that she probably says that to everyone. Bastard. She then gave me the basic three step and told me to ditch my other stuff and "go back to basics." I then had to tell her- " HELLS TO THE NO. I am NEVER ditching my SKII Facial Treatment Essence." That stuff will never leave my regime.

My facial treatment and I go together like peas and  carrots (or Forrest and Jennnnay)


We then got into a little discussion about how expensive SKII is and I told her I get mine from Strawberry net, and I then had to pick her up for the floor. She told me to never buy Clinique from there, because were do they get their products from. Well call me stupid, but seriously do you really think there are people in factories making pretend boxes and filling them up with dishwashing detergent to sell as fakes???

So anyway, my new "basic" regime looks like this
  1. Cleanse with Facial wash
  2. Exfoliate with Clarifying Lotion
  3. Facial treatment essence
  4. Dramatically Different Moisturizer
  5. Smart Serum
  6. Specialty moisturise- Repairer Uplifting
  7. Eye cream
  8. Lipcream
By this stage I am exhausted and need a good lie down. But I can't lie down because I am running late for work.

Does my skin look any better? Well to be honest it is probably a bit soon to tell, you usually need a good 28 days to tell (because that's how long it takes you skin to "turn around", but I am happy.

Here is a little snap of today's face. The photo is crappy because I am using the camera on my surface pro tablet. No good Apple camera on this little baby! The background is also dodgy because I am sitting at my desk at work.



To ease the pain a little, Myer have a gift with some super cute things in it, like some travel size skin care, a mascara, a black honey lip gloss (this is their cult colour), a CC cream- which is not bad, and a makeup remover.
Spend over $60 on Clinique and this little baby is all yours.


The only make up thing I can talk about is my beauty loop benefit box from Mecca Cosmetica. The box contained a cute little Bars blush, a cleanser, a lip gloss (which smelt so "rosy" I couldn't give it away, and the most AMAZING PRIMER EVER. I cannot rave about this product enough- It is by Hourglass (who make the amazing Ambient Powder and is called....Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer. This stuff is the bomb. It feels like silk going on and you skin feels so soft and beautiful. I am going to by the full size next time I am in the store. It is the best. ( well at least until I find something new)

 If you buy one thing this month I am saying it has to be this.

My other purchase of the month is not really a beauty product, but seeing as I don't do homewares- unless they come from Ikea, and I did buy them in the cosmetics section of David Jones, are my Gascoigne and King candles. I know that candles can be seen as a little 2010, but I love scented candles to make the house smell pretty.


They come in two sizes, either the glass jar for $50, or the tin for $25. I replaced my Paddington scent, which seemed to have lasted forever, and bought a Vanilla, which seriously smells divine. It actually scents the room when it is not burning, and the smell is not overpowering. You can buy them online or I got mine at David Jones in Perth City.

Have a fab weekend everyone and here is my current favourite happy song to get you in the mood.



images via Pinterest, and relevant brand websites

No comments:

Post a Comment