Monday 18 August 2014

I've done it, I think I have cracked the code.

Or what I have learnt from being a professional dieter for the last 30 odd years of my life.

I have done it, I have finally worked it out. I have worked out a way to lose weight. While still eating the foods you love.

You ready....


I hope you are sitting down.....



The trick it.......




Just don't eat as much.

Yep it is as easy, and as hard as that.

So as regular readers of my blog will know I have embarked on my third "diet "of the year. Yep third.

So far this year I have done Weight Watchers (lost a few kilos and did keep them off, but I was thinking about food ALL the time.) 5:2. Made me put on weight. Seriously. My final diet is Lite'n'Easy.  And I have got to admit it is going pretty damn well. Bearing in mind that I do a ridiculous amount of exercises I am heading into the end of my fourth week and I have lost 5kgs. And it has been heavy on the lite, and heavy on the easy.

The thing that gave me my light bulb moment was because when I got my food, I was amazed at how old school it was. There was peas and corn and potatoes with my dinners, I was eating toast and cereal and fruit for breakfast, I am having yummy lunches, with snacks. The trick is though the portions are about half the size of what I would normally eat. Seriously half. Ok maybe on some occasions even a third. I was still eating normal food- there was no need to worry about too many carbs, not enough carbs, too much dairy blah, blah, blah. There was just bits of everything.




This is also when I realised that the reasons that diets don't work, and won't ever work is because I don't believe that you can train your self to not like certain foods. I love sweet stuff and carbohydrates. So when I am on a high protein diet, I will lose weight, but when I stop all that stuff I normally love will begin to creep back into my diet. My first choice of a snack will always be a piece of bread and not a boiled egg.



I also think that when you embark on a plan that revolves around ridiculous amounts of exercise this won't work either. Because as much as I don't believe you can train yourself to like different foods, if you really hate exercise you will never be able to train your self to love it, and then it will drop off to nothing.


So I figure as long as you get in the habit of eating smaller portions (even though it may be hard for the first few weeks) your Body should get used to it. This should also mean if you are eating what you like you will be less inclined to binge. I always remember a personal trainer telling me once that you would be surprised at how little food the body requires to function.


So even though I am planning on doing L'n'E for a few more weeks, I am hoping that I will soon be able to wean myself off, and just eat what I want but smaller portions.

So here it is 3 diet tips

1. Eat smaller portions
2. Do some exercise that you like, but an amount that you can sustain.
3. Don't let yourself get really hungry because that is when you will overeat. So space your food out through out the day knowing what your "danger" times are. Mine is after dinner and before bed.
4. Have a "free day or meal" (because life is too short to not go out for dinner or have Maccas if you really want it.)
5.Drink water  and cut down on the booze. (yes that hurts to admit that one.)

So there you have it. The Emma Cannell life eating plan. No joining fee required! (Unless you really want to pay me one!!)








No comments:

Post a Comment