Tuesday 7 January 2014

Blur, Pink and Angels

That was probably the worst description of a title, but today I am blogging about 2 trends and a new product.

Where to start....

1. Garnier Blur.
Loving Primer as I do when I discovered Garnier had a new primer out, I knew I had to try it. It is called Blur because it is said to blur your imperfections. (clever) So sort of like an Instagram filter without the filter. So you should look younger, and softer and more beautiful. 



The texture is a little bit weird compared to most Primers, this feels almost waxy, it feels really soft and nice going on, and to be honest I didn't see any big difference . My foundation went on really really well, it glided on smoothly and I think the end result was pretty good. 



 This is the before "naked" face.  I like the dark circles under my eyes which is actually from my swimming googles.


 This is with blur but with no make up-  I guess there is not too much difference, but if you look really closely I think my face looks a little bit smoother.

                                              
 This is me with make up on, and to be honest. my skin looked pretty damn good.  My lines were not gone, but were "soft". I really didn't notice quite how improved my skin look until I caught a glimpse of my reflection in my bathroom mirror, which makes you reflection in a pub toilet at 2pm look good.

My reaction was similar to this



Which brings me on to the second bit of todays blog, Pink.  Well actually not pink, but Radiant Orchid. Because Radiant Orchid is the colour of the year!!! Like the Miss Universe of colour.  Now if you didn't know that there was a colour of the year let me inform you-
Pantone, the gods of colour, every year comes up with the colour of the year and they predict to will have a major impact on fashion in all its forms for 2014.
You may be sceptical but they have been pretty bang on when you consider that their prediction for the last two years have been these two.


So back to Radiant Orchid, picked because it is  an "enchanting harmony of fuchsia, purple and pink undertones."


It is fresh,youthful, welcoming and warm and flatters nearly 
everyone "

Wowsers it doesn't get any better than this!!! It's like a Superhero of colour- it should be the newest member of The Avengers.

So how to incorporate this amazing hue into your everyday routine? Beauty wise, go for some eyeshadow, some eyeliner, or the easiest way is in a lipstick or lip gloss. I am wearing above, a shade on my eyes, and some lipgloss in the similar shade. Once again the colours are a little but hard to see in the photo, but it is a really pretty, soft look.

 If you are thinking of wearing the colour , I would just go for a statement piece, because no one wants to look for Barney the dinosaur. 

Here are some examples of the shades and some ways to wear it
                                        




How not to wear it.

This also counts as one of the beauty trends you must try as wearing a pop of colour in "mint, lilac, blush and aqua"is the thing to try this year.  min mint, lilac, blush and a

Finally trend number four is the the "relaxed curl"- as opposed to the Victoria Secrets Angel curl.

Marie Claire's looks like this.

 Mine looked like it does in the make up pic up the top. It is probably a bit more bouncy than this one, but I straightened and the curled and then sprayed with hair spray. I literally only wound my hair up and then took it out, and then the hair spray held better than I thought!

So there you have it- the colour of the year, the newest primer, some casually bouncy hair and some pretty shade of orchid. My job today is done!!!

I will leave you with Blur. 






No comments:

Post a Comment