Thursday 16 January 2014

I don't care if my butt looks big in this- I can't see it.

I was reading a magazine last week, I can't remember which one it was, maybe Elle, maybe Marie Claire, and they had beauty tips from beauty editors around the world. One beauty tip was-
" I always apply moisturiser to the back of my neck, because when I am old, I don't want my neck to look bad from behind."
                                    Huh? You what?

 I have to admit I worry about ageing a lot but one thing I have never, ever, ever worried about is how the back of my neck will look when I am 60. I have also never looked at the back of anyones neck and thought "Geez they have let themselves go".

I then began thinking and I realised that if I am honest I don't give a whole lot of thought to what I look like from behind. A perfect example of this is how my back is looking at the moment.


I have taken up swimming in the holidays- I am swimming in an outside pool. It would seem I am wearing my Speedos even when I am not.

You see I don't really care how the back of me looks very much, because I never see it. I care about the front (yes I know a lot) but as far as the back of me goes I can give or take it.

You see I know my butt looks big in things because I have a big butt. There is honestly not a whole lot I can do about that, and I am doing 100 squats a day, but the front of me will always look impeccable. The back of my hair may not be as groomed as the front of me, but who talks to your back? Which is very different to who talks about you BEHIND your back.

Thank you Justin Timberlake

There are as far as I am concerned a few exceptions to my "don't care rule" and they are

1. If the fabric is quite soft and hugs the cellulite in your bottom. This is a problem. I recently tried on a really nice pair of shorts in Portmans.  From the front they look fab, from the back ewwwww. The colour was light and the look was appalling.
The shorts looked like this, but they were orange. Very cute, but very unflattering.

2. If you are wearing a light coloured legging (Apart from the fact that you SHOULDN'T be wearing a light coloured legging) for the same reason. Every little bit of fat and cellulite will be highlighted.

3. When you accidentally buy a Lorna Jane singlet online and it is covered with motivational "you are special and strong blah blah blah" talk that you didn't know about when you ordered it. You should care because that is just stupid. Who are you trying to motivate? Just ensure you tell your running buddy before you start that it was an accident because they will tease you for that whole run. My disclaimer here is that I actually do like LJ exercise gear, I just don't do motivational messages.


Because for me this is a lie. I would rather be sitting on the couch drinking wine and watching bad television.

4. When you are a bride. Because people actually do spend time looking at your back.


Now this is the back of a dress. Absolutely amazing. I might wear a dress like this when I marry George Clooney. Just don't tell my husband.

What about you? Do you care about what you look like from behind?

I leave you with the ultimate song about behinds.



And please... life is way to short to worry about moisturiser on the back of the neck.

P.S. Once again, the only image I own is the one of my back.
P.P.S. If the word is in a colour it is a link. Click on it and buy something. You deserve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment