Wednesday 29 January 2014

It's getting hot in here...

One of my most favourite people in the world is my cousin Sarah. She is funny. When she was younger she had a teddy bear called Grumpy Bear. Sarah is a grown up now, she has a proper job which make her a grown up.

Sarah asked my a very good question- "what sort of makeup can you wear when it is super hot, and you are going somewhere good."
                                                    "But I looked so pretty when I left home."

This is a very good question. Here in Australia it is damn hot, and I don't think there is any Aussie Girl (or guy- no judgement) who has not gone out, looked the goods and then had their foundation slide off their face, and found themselves in the Port-a-loo washing off what ever is left on their face.  Obviously  if the event is casual, just go for a tinted moisturiser or BB cream.

Don't despair there are a few things you can do, but I am not going to lie there  is no really great solution to this problem, unless you take to walking around with a fan- which is not such a dumb idea.

1. Prepare. Yes that old chestnut. A good primer will give you a good base.

2. If you MUST wear foundation, try a silicone based one. They tend to stay on better. Some  cheapies  are Revlon Colorstay Whipped, or L'Oreal True Match

  Both are available from Priceline, Big W, Target...

If you are flush with funds try YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat Illuminating foundation

I am actually a bit of a convert to YSL foundations. I have been sampling one this week and I think it is worth the cost. Just don't go too heavy on the foundation.  David Jones or Myer stock it.

3. Try cream products on your eyes and cheeks rather than a powder. Some brands do some really good multipurpose products which have good staying power. Becca has some good products like their beach tint, and eye tint. They may seem a little pricey but when you can use for eyes, cheeks and lips thats pretty cool.

4. Mascara- there is only one option here. Waterproof. 

5. Lips- Try a stain here as well. Prep your lips, line with a liner and than dab on some colour
Benefit do a legendary stain, which can also be used on your cheeks. If you want a cheaper option Revlon can help you out with there.


One word or warning though is that stains can be quite drying so always have a lip balm on hand.

6. Have some face blotters on hands. These comes in little packets and are just like sheets of paper with powder on one side. You just blot away moisture (or sweat).

The Body Shop have a version 
This is what they look like.

7. Finally give your face a spray with a setting spray. A WHAT??? Well it is like a hair spray but for you face. I am not going to lie I have never tried these because the idea of them freaks me a little, but by all accounts they are ok. Surprisingly most of these sprays are by American companies that don't stock in Australia, but I did find two-
Australis has this one, and because Australia tends to be cheap, it would be a good place to start


Modelco also have one as well. It is a little bit more pricey but their products do tend to be good. It looks like this.



I hope this has provided some answers for your all but especially for my cousin Sarah.

I will leave you with my most favourite summer song ever. 





No comments:

Post a Comment