Sunday 5 January 2014

Trend 3 and 4

Today I have trialled 2 trends for you.

1. The orange lip ( I love the way it is a lip and not lips, kind of like a pant not pants, or math and not maths)


I really like Orange lipstick. I bought a tube last year, and was either ahead of my time, or had no idea. I never really liked orange, but somehow how I found my self in the possession of orange t-shirts, singlet and jumper, as well as nail polish and lippy. My lipstick is Rimmel part of the Kate Moss collection. It is cheap and super comfy on the lips.

Wearing orange ( or any bright colour) makes you feel happy and brightens up your face.

Some words of warning though - because it is such a strong colour, you will need to touch up or reapply after eating, drinking or a few hours. The best way to apply is to put it on with a lip brush (use a brush with strong colours because they are unforgiving and can go everywhere), blot with a tissue and then reapply. You can add a gloss after if you want but it does tend to take the colour off faster.

Also check you teeth. Somehow when I am wearing  a strong colour I end up with it all over my teeth. And I had kind of like a Joker smile after I drank a coffee. This stuff needs maintaining. As demonstrated by Heath Ledger.



2. The low pony 

Theoretically you are meant to wear the low pony with a centre part. Personally I think a centre part only really works when you hair is "soft" like with a curl, a wave or volume. Pulled back like this can look very harsh. But a low pony is great, and easy to do - if your hair is straight, just add a bit of serum and brush it back and whack in a band. If your hair is curly you will have to straighten it to make it look sleek. Make sure you put in some hair spray to keep it in place. If you have fly aways spray your brush with hair spray and the brush it through.

Some varieties on the low pony is to wrap a piece of hair around the hair elastic, or do a tiny bit of back combing in the crown of the hair to add volume, but the key is sleek, so no waves or curls around the face.

Your pony needs to be straight. No curls or messy buns here.


My orange lipstick is looking a bit red here, but trust me it is Orange. I left a few bits of hair out in the front, because I wanted to and also because it is Sunday casual day. Sleeker would look odd with my singlet and thongs.

My other make up is my Loreal Lumiosity BB cream . I am also wearing my new NP (thats the cheap Napolean Perdis range at Target) contour and highlight palette. It looks like this on the inside

The white is the highlight and the brown in the contour, and the pink shades I used as a blush. I used the white as an eyeshadow base over my whole eye and more under the brow bone. I used the brown on my cheeks sort of in an 80's stripe fashion to make my face look thinner and the added some of the darker pinky colour on the apples of my cheeks for colour.


The palette looks like this on the outside. Bizarrely if you buy the palette on it's own it is $29. If you buy it in a kit which comes with 2 lip glosses it is $14.95. Nope I don't get it either. Thats the awesome thing about Target, nothing is ever the price on the tag!!

Here is Orange Crush by REM, to get you in the orange mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment