Friday 31 January 2014

Time to road test another trend - the scariest trend of Autumn

I am in incredibly messy person. Just ask my husband. I think that may be the reason that I do tend to wear a lot of black. I can put on a clean outfit and I will have spilt something on it by the time I leave home. This is the reason that I am a little bit scared to road test one of the looks for Autumn.

White on White.

I am hoping my body will look like this as well.


The mess factor is not the only thing that scares me about this trend. I have a bit of a phobia about white pants. I also have a balloon phobia and a heights phobia. So if you ever want to surprise me please don't book me a trip in a hot air balloon.

When you get to my age some clothes that look cute and stylish on younger people can make you look old and frumpy. White pants are one such thing. I think they can transform you from a stylish babe, to someone who is about to go on an over 55's bus tour around Tasmania. ( I made that bit up- because even people over 55 wouldn't want to do a bus tour of Tasmania).

                                    Not nice white pants

So on a whim inspired by seeing my daughters boyfriends mum looking amazing in her white jeans, I bought myself a pair from Zara. They were on sale - $35 which makes them practically free. When something is that cheap you have either really bagged yourself a bargain or they are so crap no one wants them. I am hoping for the first option.

                                  This is from David Jones Autumn 2014 catalogue

The other thing that worries me about white pants is that they are very unforgiving. And I have a big butt. So I just may have to ensure I am back out of a room.

I figured of there was ever a time to do a Liz Hurley (and wear white jeans- not go out with Shane Warne) I figured now is the time as I am in self imposed rehab. I am hoping the fact that I now have quite a high percentage of blood in my alcohol stream I may be a little less clumsy. I am trying to ignore  the fact that I may also be a little more boring.

Liz, her white jeans and the suitcase she wheeled Shane's wrinkles around in.

So tomorrow I am going to a little function to celebrate Chinese New Year, which has nothing to do with Chinese New Year apart from the fact that it is Chinese New Year and I am going to do it- I am wearing white on white.


I will let you know how I go - and how much stuff I spill on myself.  Maybe I should take my own cushion.

What is going on with these shoes?

Anyone else up for the white on white challenge?







No comments:

Post a Comment