Friday 3 January 2014

Road testing the "Nine Beauty Trends You'll be wearing in 2014."

I was reading in Marie Claire (on of my favourite magazines) about the 9  beauty trends you will be wearing this year.




Never fear- I will road test their 9 trend for you all - starting with the " I don't care hair". The photo in the magazine looked like this

My version looked like this


Yep, pretty much the same as it looks when I have spent a lot of care doing it. And I do care. A lot.

To achieve the "I don't care look" you actually do have to care. Unless of course you have the hair that does whatever you wish.

Miranda- the girl who has hair and a body that does whatever she wishes. Although I really wish she would start wearing tops.

My hair is a few days old washed and had been straightened, but the straight had loosened up. I sprayed some dry shampoo and just kind of shook it up a bit.


This is my fav brand of dry shampoo. It is a great product to add volume, add texture, give a bit of grip when you are doing a messy up do, and to cover up grease and regrowth. I buy mine at the Chemist Warehouse and they sometimes have fab trial size bottles. You can get it pretty much anywhere.


If you have fine or dead straight hair try dry shampoo, and some sea salt spray. 

This is the sea salt spray I have at the moment. I got it at Coles.I must admit, I don't have much luck with sea salt sprays, because I think they make my hair too sticky and a bit too '80's. If any has success please let me know.  The look I desire is this

(Minus the extensions- this is 2014)

You may need a dash of hair spray, but make sure it is not strong hold. You hair needs to move in that " I literally got out of bed and did nothing" pretend way. Like this


 When we all know that your hair when you literally get out of bed tends to look like this


So apart from the fact that my hair looks the same, the look was easy to do, but no one said it looked any different. Mmmmm

By the way I know my photo should be a close up, but my photographer is 8 years old. If tomorrow photo is a dud, she's fired.

No comments:

Post a Comment