Wednesday 8 January 2014

Under your eyes is not a good place for Suitcases

Because as we all know the only good place for a suitcase is when it is packed (or in my case overpacked) bound for the Qantas terminal.


Nice bags


Not nice bags. Kim demonstrates what good make up can do for your circles and bags


My friend Sally wants to know what she can do for the suitcases that have taken up residence under her eyes. This is a tricky one because although I can recommend lots of beauty products for you to use the most effective solution to this beauty problem is SLEEP.


Lack of sleep is truly one of the worst things ever. I become a very grumpy monster if I have not had enough sleep. So grumpy in fact that my husband has been known to send me to bed. I will nap when ever and where ever I can. I managed to shock some fellow teachers on our ski trip when I would come in for lunch, have a little nap and then be up and ready to go. Our bodies need sleep, which I know is easier said then done in these damn days when women are meant to be superwomen who can do everything, but it is really, really important.

My next tip would be drink lots of water. Water is amazing, and aim for roughly 2 litres a day. I try not to drink my calories, unless of course they contain alcohol, so water is a good choice. If you don't like water, add lemon or lime, try lightly sparkling (Mt Franklin with the cute little bottles that match Cozi bathers if my fav). Green tea also counts towards your water intake.

So after sleep and water here are my beauty tips. ( I am not going to mention haemorrhoid cream but it does work)

1. Use a good eye cream, you want something that will firm. Remember that your skin under your eyes if very thin, so don't go for anything too heavy. If you go to a beauty counter, or to Priceline you will find that all brands do an eye cream, so either ask the assistant, or read the packages.  In summer gels are good. I know that Garnier do a roll on eye product that contains caffeine. It is cooling and rolls on. I like Clinique eye creams, and they also have one with a bit of sun block.  Here are some choices that all were nominated for the Australian beauty awards. Not surprising the Sk II won. I also included the SkII facial treatment essence, because I also use this wonder water under my eyes.





 This is your must have. I know it is crazy expensive, but it will change your life, well your skin for ever.
This L'oreal one is a cheapie- well sort of.


This is the Garnier roll on. They also do one without colour. You can get this at Coles, so you can pop it in the trolley so it comes out of the shopping budget. Sneaky.

2. Make up- if I have said it once I have said it 100 times. ILLUMINATE. You need this little light reflectors to reflect that light away from your eyes. So try an eye brightener to wear over your concealer. You do need to conceal first.  Just ensure your concealer is an EYE concealer because otherwise they can look heavy and cake in your wrinkles and make you look 100.

My favs are Models prefer from Priceline, but if you want to splurge YSL Touche Elect is the way to go.


                                The concealer I use


                   The amazing brightener both are from Priceline


This is the original, and not as expensive as it was I think it is about $50.

When you are using your brightners, don't forget to put some in the corner of your inner eye and also just under your brow bone. This brightens up the are and draws the attention away from the bags.

If you are going to wear eye shadows, keep the colours light, you don't want to add any darkness, and remember mascara but only on the top lashes.

No comments:

Post a Comment