Wednesday 15 January 2014

My take on the Golden Globes- or if you've got nothing nice to say don't say anything at all.

God I would love to live in a world where I could wear an amazing gown. Unfortunately the closet gown occasion I ever get near is the school ball. I think the gown element would be the absolute best and worst part of being a celeb. Getting dressed in something amazing would be, well, amazing but them people being mean about your dress would be pretty crappy.

So I have picked my favourite and least favourite gowns from the Golden Globes. I promise though in the name of sisterhood I will do the teacher thing and always give a positive before I give a negative. 

Some trends I did notice was slicked low ponytails with a side part, a lack of Victoria Secret hair, a bit of black and minimal jewels and bronzed makeup.

So here goes-
Sandra Bullock looks amazing. This woman is nearly 50! I like this dress I think it is cute. She has been wearing quite a lot of Alex Perry lately, but this is by Prabal Gurung. Nope never heard of him either. Some have been comparing this look to a liquorice allsort. I like liquorice all sorts.

 I think Emma Watson is such a cutie. She reminds me of Kate Ritchie- who knew when they cast her a  young girl that she would grow up to be such an attractive woman. Her hair looked fab, the front of the dress was nice, the pants from the back- not sure. It is Dior, and I do know that pants under dresses is an up and coming trend, but I am undecided on this. Next they will be recycling the tshirt under the slip dress look. Colour looks amaze on her. Nice to see she is an Essendon supporter. They need all the help they can get.


They are a nice pant but maybe with a sparkly top.

 I admire Lena Dunham because she embraces her shape and she is such a clever thing,but maybe a little angsty. I like the colour, but I honestly don't think this dress suits her at all. It just doesn't fit right. It is a Zac Posen, and her hair looks nice. Would it be wrong of me to suggest a bit of a tan? Or do hipsters not tan? God I don't even know if she is a hipster, all these youngster subcultures are confusing me, boy hipsters are easy to tell, girls are confusing.

 Drew Barrymore looks like a blooming flower in her Monique Lhuillier gown. She looks so pretty and happy and her fresh makeup and hair looks fab. I think the dress may have been a tad more flattering if it wasn't so high necked, but she still 
looks beautiful.

 Reece Witherspoon in a delightful body con dress, but it's a bit boring and safe even for me. It is Calvin Klein and it has a really nice t back. Her body looks amazing, hair looks great.

Ahh Mary from Downton Abbey. I love this frock, because I love bling. I love how the shoes match, I love the colour, I love that she is not fake tanned. I think she looks really excited and like she is going to her Year 12 Ball. Just love- and I don't care that it is not an amazingly fashionable dress, more amazingly classic . It's Oscar de la Renta. Man can that man do a dress.


This is Zosia Mamet in Reem Acra. She is from Girls and Madmen. She has a new bob. I think her dress is nice. But then who wants to be nice? Whats with the look on her face though? Is she carrying her Girls angst with her

This is Kaley Cuckoo. I know thats not her real last name but it her real name confuses me. Her dress is by Rani Zakhem and I really like it. I think is is pretty and I like the water coloured
effect pattern. I do think she could have out a bit more effort 
in with her hair though, it kind of looks like she jumped out of
the pool, gave it a shake and chucked it to the side.. She did only get married a couple of weeks ago, so maybe she did.

My god this woman is fab. If she was a man she would be the most amazing drag queen EVER. I adore her necklace (it reminds me of what Cameron Diaz wore to the Oscars a few years ago) and it brightens up the amazingly fabulous black Zac Posen dress. 

This girl is from Girls. Her name is Alison Williams and her dress in by Alexander McQueen. It is a pretty classy number. What is amazing about her look is her make up.

Check it out- those eyes are amazing and she is rocking the black eyeliner look. The black eyeliner and Alexander McQueen shows what Kate Middleton could look like with a bit fashion help .


Cate Blanchett is wearing a smug " I never put a foot wrong on the red carpet "look , which she has teamed with an Armani couture gown. She looks amazing, so she can keep her smug look.

Oh look it's Miranda " have you seen my boobs" Kerr. She seems to have lost her knickers in the split from Orlando. My positive comment - She is so damn beautiful.

Taylor Swift's dress seems to have fallen down and her bra is showing. She still looks beautiful, but I don't get her hair. It looks cute but I think Taylor needs to move on from cute, and maybe do sophisticated. Girl you are nearly 25. 

Dear Julia, I don't care what anyone says-I really like your Dolce and Gabbana dress. Don't listen to the haters. My chest is getting crepey as well. I hear you girlfriend.


Peggy Olson- Don Draper would be lucky to have you in his office. Elizabeth Moss looks gorge in this J. Mendel  number. Apparently in the flesh it is purple and black and the geometric shapes sparkled like the sunshine. She was bang on trend- a bob, purple and geometric shapes. Well done Miss Olson. Well done.


Jennifer Lawrence. I love your hair, I love your make up, I love the top of your dress, I love the bottom of your dress but I don't understand what is going on with the duct tape around you hips. I know it is Dior, but just because it has a fancy label doesn't make it good.



This is Margot Robbie. She used to live in Ramsey Street, she is going to be in a movie with Leo soon, she is wearing Gucci. It is sexy and simple. Well played .

I am finishing with my favourite look of the night.
Naomi Watts is one of my girl crushes. She looks amazing in this dress. It is by Tom Ford. I am not going to lie though- she must have some serious Spanx going on under that frock. It is very unforgiving. I also like the way that she has chosen a shade of frock to match her iPhone.


Check out her hair and makeup. She has the lob (long bob) and is favouring a natural bronzed look. She is Australian (well I know she was born in England but whatever- We claim Nicole Kidman and she was born in Hawaii) perfection.

So there is my wrap up from the Golden Globes. What was your favourite?

By the way- I don't own any of these images, I got them off Pintrest. I wasn't invited to The Golden Globes. There is always next year I guess .




No comments:

Post a Comment