Wednesday 1 January 2014

My 2014 Beauty New Years Resolutions


I don't usually make New Years Resolutions because they are always the same and I never keep them. This year I will drink less. Yeah Right. I have decided though to make some beauty resolutions. Nothing too hard, but small little changes. 

1. I will always, no matter how tired I am, or how much I have had to drink take my makeup off before I go to sleep. Not just a wipe with toner, but actually clean. Wipes will do for these occasions, but not for everyday cleansing- they are not strong enough.
Most brands do a cleansing wipe. I usually go for the cheapest.

2. I will look after my nails by ensuring I regularly file them and use a good base coat/ hardener. When it starts to chip, I will remove it with nail polish and not bite it off.


Once again, all brands do one, Sally Hanson tends to be good and easily available, Essie is my current fav.

3. I will apply hand cream at least once a day. I am really really bad at doing this. My mum uses hand cream ( ironically that I tend to buy her) every night and her hands are silky smooth. My look like crocodiles.


Aesop hand creams are way expensive, but smell AMAZING. An awesome present for someone, or for yourself. I think any hand cream is good, just so long as your hand don't feel greasy.

4. I will put a treatment in my hair once a week. This will compensate for the torture that I put my hair through.


I'm going through a John Frieda stage. And you can buy it from Coles. I do like Pantene as well, and you can use Olive Oil if you really want.


5. I will not use my GHD or my curling iron on my hair everyday. I will give my poor hair a rest from the heat. I see many topknot days in my future.


6. I will drink a cup of warm water and lemon in the morning  as it is meant to be good for my system. I will also drink more water. ( an oldie but a goodie)


7. I will attempt to stop eating so much sugar. I said attempt. I am not promising

                                          This is not my lollie stash, although I wish it was.

8. I will wear lipstick everyday and experiment with different colours and not stick with nudes. I will also reapply during the day.


Orange is THE colour of Summer, along with bright pink. Wearing bright colours make you feel happy but you must always remember to check your teeth. 

9. I will remember to put lip balm on. In a moment of "OMG I am getting old and my lips are getting wrinkly" I have realised that I need to put something on them frequently, and also lips do get sunburnt, so they need to be protected.

I love Elizabeth Ardens 8 Hour cream and I recently bought the lip balm. It is awesome and makes your lips feel smooth. I got it from Priceline. Paw Paw ointment and Lanolips is good as well.

10. I will experiment with eye colour and not just use my Kitten eyeshadow everyday.
Stila Kitten. Possibly THE best eyeshadow EVER.

That's my 10 beauty resolutions. I will just have to remember to start them. Tomorrow.
What are yours?

Edited- I forget to add the one of my resolutions, which I have actually done-

11. I will cull my makeup collection, throw out all the old stuff I don't use and store and organise it.
Compared to how it normally looks- this is organised!

No comments:

Post a Comment